Author Topic: Science Officers Log  (Read 4894 times)

Offline Darkthorne

• Captain of the Archangel
  • Room Controller
    • View Profile
Science Officers Log
« on: June 27, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »
On our little tour into unknown space we are going to make a stop by the region known as the badlands. I have received permission to leave a series of probes in the region to explore the plasma storm patterns. perhaps discover why there are stable habitable rogue worlds within the region that are untouched by a constant barrage of super-heated gas discharges that are equal in devastating force to coronal mass ejections, and why these storms are confined to this region of space.

Sig by Rutger

Haven't you read the Super Villain's Handbook? This is where you're supposed to twirl your mustache and gloat.

Offline Darkthorne

• Room Controller
    • View Profile
Re: Science Officers Log
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »
Science Officers log Stardate 67107.2 

We encountered  an energy being appearing to either be or possess the same characteristics as the Beta XII-A entity. This entity was apparently responsible for the fall of a civilization and the capture of the crews of the USS Potemkin (NCC-1657) and an unknown Klingon K'tinga class battle cruiser holding  them for over 50 years (more likely over 80 since they had apparently no knowledge of the Khitomer accords) in unending conflict. feeding on the hatred of an unending violent war. Our tricorders were working as the entity seemed to concentrate on keeping the sides balanced and capturing the Hill in what appeared to be some modified tractor beam. Things had gone south for the away team. We ... died.
the entity did raise us for whatever sinister purpose, likely to feed on the hatred. I must further note that Commander Jeldon Raxx did not  provide the away team with sufficient protection at the time had this been done, perhaps I would not have found myself in the most curious of positions of looking at my own bisected body.  I am not sure if there were any other casualties from this encounter as none had talked of it. I can only speak of my personal experiences.  When I had returned healed from my grievous wounds we set out in a search for unknown power readings that appeared to be responsible for the disabling of the ships some 80 years previous and capturing of the Hill. Upon finding it we encountered the Beta XII-A entity. The entity was strong enough to continue to perpetuate the conflict but something was limiting its power as it was apparently being held in a chamber, or had taken residence there. Upon activating the consoles in the chamber the creature started becoming stronger and was communicating with our diplomatic officer in some clearly disturbing manner... I had attempted as a precaution to tune my phaser to attempt an inverse energy blast but held my fire at Commander Jeldon's mistaken insistence it would feed the entity. I also was tuning my tricorder to translate the entity's energy fluctuations into audible sounds so our Universal translators could possibly understand the entity and establish communication. It was then my phaser accidently discharged into the crystal matrix surrounding the entity and apparently destroyed it and the temple-like structure holding it. I am unsure why the phaser discharged at this time. and have had it sent to security to be examined. But this accident did, in my opinion, save all our lives from what would have been a truly hellish existence of fighting and dying for what could have been an eternity.

Sig by Rutger

Haven't you read the Super Villain's Handbook? This is where you're supposed to twirl your mustache and gloat.

Offline Darkthorne

• Room Controller
    • View Profile
Re: Science Officers Log
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 03:09:27 PM »
_Supplemental Entry

Security, upon examination, could find no reason my phaser fired. Its strange to me because I really do not remember firing. I will examine the weapon in a lab at a later time because clearly someone was mistaken.

Sig by Rutger